5 DAY ITINERARY
- Get lunch and explore Faro [Old town looks very cute and there are a few churches to visit around the area too. Palacio de Estoi is a palace, now hotel. Sao Lourenco is a small church that has an impressive interior of blue tiles].
- Check into accommodation.
- Swim at a nearby beach or your accomodation pool.
- Get some takeout, find a cliff edge and watch the sunset.
Get up early and head to a couple of photo spots to avoid other tourists and the heat of the day.
- First stop – Praia da Marinha to the heart shaped rock.
- Benagil Beach. Have a snack at the Beach Bar then hire a kayak to go to Benagil Caves.
- Explore picture perfect oceanside town of Carvoeiro. Park in the carpark near Algar Seco Cliff walk and walk downhill to get a panoramic view of the beach. Grab an ice cream.
- Back to accomodation to relax until the evening.
- Head to Ferragudo for dinner [Club Nau is recommended to me by others but we didn’t get a table, maybe best to pre-book]. Before dinner head around the the opposite side of the bay to get a nice photo of the white houses on the hill up Ferragudo town.
- Head back to the Algar Seco Cliff walk for sunset.
- Head to Lagos early.
- First stop, Praia do Camilo. Famous for the few hundred stairs leading down to the beach. Turn right at the bottom of the stairs and walk through the rock tunnels to other beaches.
- Park at Batata beach and walk through the rock tunnel to Beach Estudantes. Known for the bridge overhead connecting two rocks.
- Head into the town, get some lunch and wander around. We ate brunch at Coffee & Waves which was delicious!
- Once done in the town centre, head to Farol da Ponta da Piedade. Firstly, take the stairs down on the left of the main cliff walk to get to a little beautiful grotto. And then you can come back up and continue along the main cliff walk if you’d like. Across the road from the car park there are also walkways to many look outs as well.
- Pick a beach and set up for a couple of hours of relaxing and swimming.
- Either stay in Lagos for dinner or head back to eat around your accommodation. We ate near ours at a lovely restaurant called O’Pescador, overlooking Benagil Beach.
- Boat day! Book a boat tour or a private boat for a couple of hours. Explore the coast from the ocean and learn along the way. Be sure to get a tour/boat that is small enough to get into the caves and that has a swimming option as you’ll definitely want to dive into the water while you’re out there.
- Get lunch from near the port you dock at.
- Enjoy your last night as you wish. A nice dinner out or takeout watching the sunset.
Time to fly home.